This year Stephen didn’t request any special meal for his birthday, but he did request a special dessert. Stephen made this with my mom one summer. I don’t know its origin. If it is you, please let me know so I can give you credit.
Recipe: Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- 1/3 cup Karo Syrup
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 6 oz. Cool Whip
- Mix Karo syrup and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Then stir in Rice Krispies until well coated.
- Grease glass or tin pie pan with oil spray or a little melted butter. Using a piece of wax paper, spread Rice Krispie mixture along the bottom and side of the pie pan. Cover pie shell with plastic wrap and put in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Next, spread vanilla ice cream into pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and put in freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Next, spread Cool Whip over ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and put in freezer until ready to serve.
Try almond or cashew butter instead of peanut butter.
Use chocolate Rice Krispies.
Use your favorite ice cream flavor.
Substitute melted chocolate or melted butter for the Karo syrup.
Cooking time (duration): 120
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Microformatting by hRecipe.