2010 Wish List ~ Non-Resolution Style

I tend to not make New Year’s resolutions. I have watched way too many people say they will do this and that only to give up almost as quickly as they made the statement.

Several years back Dwayne decided it was time we stopped smoking. I won’t say one of us was more addicted than the other, but one of us definitely smoked far more than the other {cough – him}. I honestly cannot remember the exact day. Hell, I can’t even remember the year anymore, but we did stop sometime in the first two weeks of January. He finished his last pack and I had half a pack left. He decided he would help me finish mine. Nice guy! πŸ˜‰

Get Your Tickets Here! Dwayne vs. Anne in the Knock Down Drag Out Fight of the Decade!

Yeah, it was that bad. We were lucky we didn’t kill each other that first week. I want to say it was about five years ago ~ approximately. We didn’t put on a ton of weight either. So, for those of you using that as your excuse to not stop smoking, you are lame! It is only an excuse. In fact, I tend to lose weight since I don’t want that full feeling that always seemed to trigger a craving.

Then there was the year I lost 30 pounds in about 4 months. I just decided it was time to take advantage of all of those great aerobics classes where I was working. I started in February and kept it up until losing my job that November. I went from a size 8 pushing a 10 to a size 3 pushing a 2 ~ yeah, it was like that! Of course, once I stopped working out I put the weight back on. Not all of it, just most of it.

2010 The Year of the Micro Changes

This new year I am not making resolutions, per se. I am making small adjustments. A little something I will refer to as my wish list ~ as in I wish I would get off my butt and do these things!

~ this is in no particular order ~

• Eat more fruit ~ at least 5 times a week
  • Limit my soda intake [this has gotten out of hand lately] ~ no more than 2 per week
  • Exercise ~ at least 3 times per week, 20 minutes each time [to build upon]
  • Edit my NaNo novel ~ spend at least 2 hours per week [hopefully more, but trying to set doable goals]
  • Post to one of my blogs at least once per day [I have 3, so this shouldn’t be too terribly hard]

My biggest ‘wish list’ goal is to make a schedule so I can accomplish all of my goals without feeling like I have no time. I do have time, but I am all over the place. So I need to learn focus and time management. Therefore my first ‘to do’ will be to make a tentative schedule of each day and work on keeping that for a month, then two months, then three, and so on and so forth.

I have more goals to set with regards to meal plans [so I’m not scrambling on what to make for dinner] and money and blogging and other writing, but these are the ones I have mapped out thus far. Besides, I want to be realistic here and not throw out some over the top desire of mine.

Each of my goals above make not happen right away, but bit by bit I want these things implemented in my daily life throughout the year. Each month I will add one or two and work on getting to where I ultimately wish to be. Thanks to Rachel from Shedding It & Getting It for her inspiring thoughts on making better resolutions. And who knows, maybe there will even be a marathon [or halfsie] in my future!

What are your resolutions or wish list goals for 2010?

And how do you plan to obtain them? Do you plan toΒ  volunteer more? For who? Do you need to lost a few pounds? Through exercise, eating habits, or a little of both? What about income and job prospects? Are you a writer? Do you plan to start work on your first book? Or will you write more poetry? What about short stories? There is so much more and only you can tell me what changes are on your to do list for 2010.

Here’s to a Healthy, Prosperous, and

Happy New Year!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

19 Responses to 2010 Wish List ~ Non-Resolution Style

1. Sounds like you have a great plan for 2010! I’m still working on mine. :) Congrats on quiting the smoking, I’m sure that wasn’t easy!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..After Christmas Shopping- Walmart & Meijers! =-.

Anne
    Twitter:
    Reply:

@Jamie, It’s funny considering I started smoking to prove I could do it without coughing up a lung [stupid, I know], then I stopped with each pregnancy and always went back [stupid again and again and again]. I am definitely glad I don’t smoke anymore. It prevented me from many things as well as the cost and health effects. Now to get the other things down and to form some good habits. I can’t wait to see your list [which will surely put mine to shame]. πŸ˜‰

2. Anne, I really like your approach! Congrats to you for quitting smoking a while back. That was one of the hardest things I ever did – and I still get cravings after a drink.

I have no doubt that you can tackle everything you spelled out. I’m thinking that with more fruit and exercise, you will have more energy, which will help you accomplish what you need to do more quickly, which will help to maximize your time. :)

As for myself, I’m changing everything. After the move to Texas. Back to eating healthy, walking, just living right! And like you I want to schedule my day a teeny bit. I’m thinking that maybe I’ll create a schedule for reading and commenting upon the blogs I follow, x amount per day, or something like that. Maybe post two or three times a week. And fit in writing exercises daily. Probably while the kids are napping.

Oh, and plenty of time for thrift store shopping. πŸ˜‰ I want to surround myself with a mix of modern and nostalgic items that really represent who I am. I spent years without “me” around me & it brought me down. I want people to enter my home and have things to look at, and instantly get a feel for who we are.

Thanks for the food for thought! Munch, munch.
    .-= Heather Kephart´s last blog ..Zombie Attack Imminent! =-.

Anne
    Twitter:
    Reply:

@Heather Kephart, I still have cravings, but not near as much as when we first stopped.

Moving is a great way to de-clutter and reorganize everything. I think we should all move once every 5 years just to get rid of all the excess baggage we accumulate. lol Okay, maybe not. But a look-see at all the stuff we shove in closets and boxes thinking we will use them in the future only to have them stay there for years and years. I need to go through my attic and basement especially since we have field mice and they are taking up residency in my crap! Ewww! :)

3. No resolutions I don’t believe in them. I figure if I don’t make any I can’t disappoint myself.

In your year of micro changes I notice that you didn’t include sex. Is that because you’re not planning on having any more or less or because people like me should mind their own business.

Sorry for asking but that’s what I do. πŸ˜€
    .-= Sire´s last blog ..Top 7 Reasons Why People Don’t Return To Comment On Your Blog =-.

Anne
    Twitter:
    Reply:

@Sire, Thanks, I needed a good laugh! If my exercising is anything like Rachel’s then I suppose that would be more [I hope]. πŸ˜‰

Sire
    Twitter:
    Reply:

@Anne, I just had to check out Rachel’s post to see what it was all about and I naturally I blamed it on you for being there. πŸ˜€

Another thing, why is that every time I mention sex women laugh. No wonder I can never get laid. :(

4. Nicely done, Anne. Of course, I’m the anti-Sire when it comes to goals and such. Resolutions; well, that’s another story, because I really don’t know what to resolve. So I stick with my goals and move on from there.

Let’s hope everyone has a spectacular 2010 and leave it at that. :-)
    .-= Mitch shares some words of wisdom here ..My Online Goals For 2010, And A Look Back At 2009 =-.

5. Thanks Anne for dropping by my blog and leaving your precious comment. You have a great blog here. Bty, nice post. Really feels nice to know more about you and your new year resolutions. I think everyone should come up with such resolutions. And more importantly, you should stick to it. My new year resolution or wishlist is not so demanding. I want to keep moving ahead without expecting anything from anyone. I am happy with what and where I am though not satisfied. I am hoping that this year will bring an end to all my problems and I will be able to enjoy my life to the fullest :)
    .-= Aswani shares some words of wisdom ..Why do bloggers leave blogging ? =-.

Anne
    Twitter:
    Reply:

@Aswani, Those sound like good goals for life in general. Don’t expect and you won’t be let down. I always say we can’t control anyone but ourselves so why bother trying.

6. I don’t make resolutions. Instead I set goals for myself. I’m hoping to finish my next credit that will bring me closer to graduation.
    .-= Rose shares some words of wisdom ..Twitter Etiquette =-.

Anne
    Twitter:
    Reply:

@Rose, Goals are good. I read over on your blog that you are working towards your diploma. Every credit brings you one step closer. Goals are better than resolutions since we are more likely to keep goals.
    .-= Anne shares some words of wisdom ..I Always Admired Mr. Franklin, But Now I Truly Respect Him =-.

7. yep, i know how easy it is to set goals and how hard is to achieve them, but personally i do make goals, all sorts of goals. Weather i achieve them or not, i atleast can keep track of them throughout the year, and see from time to time how am i doing…

As i have said in the past, i love the process to achieve my goals, the real fun is in the process and not the final destination…
    .-= Uttoran Sen shares some words of wisdom ..DOCOMICS – Read Comics on Cell Phones =-.

Anne
    Twitter:
    Reply:

@Uttoran Sen, The journey is so much more fun than the destination. The end result can feel pretty good, too, but there is something about setting the goals and seeing them come to fruition one by one. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

Copy Protected by Chetans WP-Copyprotect.